Welcome to Room Estate!
For better readability, personal designations referring to both women and men are generally only used in the usual male form on this website, e.g. "landlord" instead of "landlady". However, this is in no way intended to express gender discrimination or a violation of the principle of equality.
1 Our services
Room Estate has made it its business to make the everyday life of tenants in flat-sharing communities as simple as possible through digitalization. Accordingly, we offer the following services:
1.1 information platform
With our services, we provide you with information on our rental properties, products on sale and all other associated services in a centralized manner. Some information is in any case publicly accessible, other information requires a user account for access or requires further information on your part.
1.2 Management of your rental relationship
Our services enable you to register for or apply for our rental properties and then, after successful examination, conclude the rental agreement. During the whole process you can get in contact with the flatmates of the shared flat you are registering for, get to know them better by means of your personalized profile or make an appointment for a viewing.
With the help of your user account you can manage your rental relationship online from contract conclusion to termination. All the necessary features for the property, your payments, your rental contract or simply to report defects, can be easily accessed. Our services in your cockpit offer you the possibility to manage the rental relationship in a simple way.
1.3 Communication and administration within your community
We offer you and your community the possibility to organize yourselves easily and efficiently by means of our features. Some matters are already organized by our services and make it easier for you to live together. However, new issues often arise in everyday life that need to be resolved between you and your roommates. With our services you can easily and quickly handle most organizational matters. You can also easily communicate with each other through our group chats.
1.4 Sale of products and services
So that you can use the right things at the right time in the right place, we offer with our services a variety of possibilities to purchase products and services from us.
2 Use of our services
2.1 Who may use our services
In order to protect our users from misuse and disinformation, the following points must be followed under all circumstances:
- All data provided by you must be accurate and correct.
- Only one user account may be created per person.
- User accounts for private customers may only be used for private purposes.
- Under no circumstances may you disclose your password, give access to third parties or transfer your user account to anyone else without our written permission.
Room Estate should be comprehensively available to all people. Nevertheless, we have the following restrictions for users of our services:
- You must be at least 18 years old.
- You may not have any criminal record in connection with violent or sexual offences.
- You have not already been blocked from any of our services by us or one of our partners due to misuse of our policies.
- If the applicable law forbids you to use our services for any reason.
2.2 What you can do on our platforms
Room Estate is to serve as a platform for getting to know and organizing the residential community and for promoting coexistence. For this reason, we offer our users the freedom to express themselves and share content across different media within our services. For the safety and welfare of users of our services and to maintain their integrity, certain rules must be observed:
- You must always comply with the applicable guidelines for the relevant products or services.
- You may not express or share any misleading, discriminatory, fraudulent or illegal content.
- Under no circumstances may the rights of other persons be infringed.
- You may not upload any harmful code, malware or other computer virus that blocks, interferes with, overburdens or otherwise adversely affects the operation or appearance of our services in any way.
- You may not access our services, download or upload data without permission, using automated applications.
2.3 Authorizations granted through the use of our services
You grant us the following authorizations by using our services:
- You authorize us to share and reproduce your first name (can also be replaced by nicknames), your age (not the date of birth), your gender and any public information or content shared by you (e.g. photos, videos, etc.) in connection with the marketing and advertising of our rental properties on our services and or third marketing and advertising platforms.
- You authorize us to place advertisements and sponsored content in connection with your user profile or user account without paying you in any way (unless expressly mentioned).
- If you download or use software or applications in any way from us, you authorize us to upgrade or update the software or application with additional features to optimize and enhance the software or application.
2.4 Use of our intellectual property
For all contents of our services, except your personal contents, we retain all rights. Accordingly, you may only use the content of other users within our services, our copyrights, our trademarks or other intellectual property if we expressly permit this. You must either obtain our written permission or an open source license to share our intellectual property, modify software or applications, create derivative works from them, or otherwise use them.
2.5 Consequences of infringements
If possible, we will inform you about deletion, blocking or deactivation of your user account. In any case, we will refrain from informing you if this is unlawful or threatens to damage our reputation or integrity.
You may at any time report violations of your personal rights or other unlawful acts, statements or activities of others within Room Estate to our support.
3 Room Estate user account
Some of our services require a user account for use. You can create your own user account on one of our websites or applications. Keep your password for your user account confidential so that unauthorized third parties do not have access to your data. You are responsible for the content and activities shared under your account. To protect yourself from misuse of your account, it is best to use a password with as many characters as possible and never use your password on other platforms. Contact our support if you notice any unauthorized use of your password or account.
4 Data Protection and Privacy
5 Further provisions
Even if we would regret this, you may terminate our services at any time, provided that you do not have any open legal transactions with us. Room Estate may suspend or restrict the provision of services at any time without giving reasons.
5.2 Suspension, termination or limitation
Room Estate is supposed to be a place where people feel safe and comfortable. In particular we would like to be your everyday helper with our services and support you in your living experience.
5.3 limitations of liability
In order to ensure a faultless and safe environment at Room Estate, we apply the necessary care and appropriate knowledge. Unfortunately, however, we cannot guarantee that our services will always function without interruptions, delays or defects. For this reason, we cannot accept any liability whatsoever and, to the extent permitted by law, exclude all liability. In particular, but not exclusively, we assume no liability in the following cases:
- Failure of our online services or non-contractual claims, provided that we have acted with the necessary care and on the basis of reasonable knowledge.
- Damages or losses due to missing or incorrect information.
- any offensive, inappropriate, obscene, illegal or otherwise objectionable content posted by others that you may encounter on our products and/or services.
- Events beyond our reasonable control.
We try to provide clear rules and agreements so that disputes can be limited or avoided as far as possible. Should a dispute nevertheless arise, it is important to know the location of the dispute as well as the legal basis in advance.
In the case of an open contractually regulated legal relationship between you and us (e.g. in the case of a current rental agreement), the place of jurisdiction shall be the location of the rental object or the contractual item as well as the law applicable locally. If there are no open contractually regulated legal relationships, the registered office of Room Estate shall be the place of jurisdiction or the law applicable at the registered office of Room Estate.
Other provisions of this User Agreement:
- Should individual provisions of this User Agreement be invalid or unenforceable or become invalid or unenforceable at a later date, the validity of the remaining provisions shall remain unaffected. The invalid or unenforceable provision shall be replaced by a valid and enforceable provision whose effects come as close as possible to the economic objective pursued by the contracting parties with the invalid or unenforceable provision. The above provisions shall apply mutatis mutandis in the event that the agreement proves to be incomplete.
- You may not assign or transfer any of your rights or obligations under this or any other agreement to any third party without our consent.
- You may name a person as an estate contact who has access to your data or content and can administer it. Only your estate contact or a person named in a valid will or similar document expressing your clear consent to the disclosure of your content in the event of death or incapacity may request access to your user account.
- Feedback or suggestions for improvement are always welcome at Room Estate. However, we use these suggestions without any limitations or obligations to compensate you. In addition, we are under no circumstances obliged to treat this as confidential.
6 Other provisions that may be relevant to you
Data Policy: This declaration outlines the handling of your personal data which is processed in the context of the use of our services.
General Terms and Conditions for Rental Contracts: Rental agreements with Room Estate are subject to general terms and conditions, which may vary depending on the geographical location or country of the rental agreement. It is best to check your rental agreement to get more information.
Community Rules: This provision regulates living together in flat-sharing communities or in apartment buildings. Depending on the property, the so-called house rules are an additional component of the Community Rules.